JS-Kit crashes a Blogger blog in Internet Explorer

Several times I’ve stumbled across Blogger-hosted blog that simply refused to open in Internet Explorer with the “Operation aborted” pop-up window and subsequent error page. I never tried to investigate what was going on (I simply copied the URL into another browser), but when I’ve installed JS-Kit on my blog, I’ve started getting the same problems … obviously a cause for a major alarm.

The Infinities Loop site provided an answer in the comments: a SCRIPT performing specific manipulations should be a child of BODY, not another HTML element. When I’ve moved the JS-Kit script (<script src='http://js-kit.com/extra/blogger/comments.js' type='text/javascript'/>) from the Blogger widget to the end of the page, the new fanciful JS-Kit-based comments worked flawlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment